Monday, February 16, 2009

a little introduction to prettydreamer

Perhaps there's still a part of you (that five year old or that eight year old child self) that managed to stay with you through all the years ... well to me, that is the inspiration of Prettydreamer - that open-eyed, eager, curious, precious little being.


Toymaking is a way of giving life to the cherished plaything. Kind of an honorable old profession that brought with it a great excitement as birthdays and holidays do for children. Somehow, I hold an image of far away days of workshops and kitchen tables in many close and distant lands where love and imagination crafted and shaped a wonderful plaything. I remember a a special little red and spotted-white strawberry spinning top I had... though a little thing, I thought it might be one of the neatest things I ever saw and missed it when it went lost.

Now taking this a step further, to take a thought or idea (and all it's little nuances) and with hand, tools, materials, color and intuition to form something you can touch -especially something with its own life such as wood and fiber - wow!

For me, whether making a toy for a child (or the child in us) or something for all that just captures the heart, that is the desire of Prettydreamer!

Thank you for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

so happy you could visit! pamela

Related Posts with Thumbnails