Sunday, September 6, 2009

(at the workbench) - if wood saw could saw wood


... a woodworker of old would often make the tools that were needed for his work... here in process is what I am for now calling a flame-backed dovetail saw. This classic hand tool is handcrafted with traditional woodworking techniques (such as tongue and groove joinery and hand pegged joints)



This traditional wooden backsaw - or really a saw made from wood- is for folks of all ages who love tools, woodworking, carpentry and are full of imagination for what a "wood saw" can actually do.



This prototype is still awaiting the final finishing... but watch soon for these heirloom "Wood Saws"to be available at Prettydreamer or feel free to contact me about pre-ordering details.

5 comments:

  1. That saw is soooo sweet! Any young child would be sure to love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous tool. You have created a toy which shows so much respect for the need for children to imitate what the grown-ups are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your woodworking skills! I love getting to see what you create, what a great way to start my Friday Morning!

    Beccijo
    http://www.beccijo.com
    http://www.theenchantedcupboard.etsy.com
    http://www.theenchantedcupboard.1000markets.com
    http://thereluctantcitydweller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your kind visits!!

    ReplyDelete

so happy you could visit! pamela

Related Posts with Thumbnails