(though in truth more time has gone by then this picture will tell... and first frost are not always kind )
the ground has not been dry for nearly a month ... and how is it that bystanders can stand up to the winds of hurricanes, storms and first frost I don't know...
all summer ... I had been looking for them....I had seen them many times moving quietly below my footsteps with their littlle leaps
and they had gone running before my camera could keep them in a picture for you ... very little and hardly as big as a cricket....
I had seen them busy no doubt in search of a meal and hiding from my ground quaking footstep..
... so while the sun was still bright and the last black-eyed susans shining...
.
even as the fierce weather had arrived with summer exit and autumn arrival....
what wonderful photos love the cute tiny frog :)
ReplyDeleteI like your perspective as a giant. A kind, poetic, artistic giant.
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE the toads and frogs that inhabit our farmstead.
You seem to be more of a Hagrid style giant. Kind, gentle and loves animal.
ReplyDeleteoh .. yes! definitely a warm and fuzzy type of giant! :)
ReplyDeleteI remember being little and catching frogs and putting them in jars at my friend's farm. That was fun.
ReplyDelete