Friday, February 24, 2012

(glimpses) - neutral ground


it is a brown and neutral time of year...


we find ourselves thinking of what is coming ...

often looking for the smallest of changes...
like seeing  the newly-hatched wolf spiders streaming
out of the mounds of winter-dried grass in the fields...

and noticing who might come to visit the bird feeder



this year again I keep an eye open for April ...
though I have not seen her yet this year,
I know that she has been at my workshop door

is it even possible that I am missing woodchuck?
everyday now, I think he might come out to graze...
though still no sign yet


we see what is blooming ...
though not quite a blossom,
it also is a welcoming sight at this time of year....









3 comments:

  1. Your view is stunning, breath-taking to say the least.

    Thanks for sharing

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. That sweep of land and the farm buildings - just gave me so much peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! ... I think that is the very feeling I get ... and an understanding that does not come from looking at things up close.

    ReplyDelete

so happy you could visit! pamela

Related Posts with Thumbnails